Master Thesis - Enhancing Analysis of Hardware Design Verification Metrics Using Machine Learning & Data Visualization
Computer Science / Machine Learning / Data Visualization
2 students completing 30 credits (20 weeks) each.
Verifying digital hardware designs pre-silicon is today primarily done using simulation and techniques such as coverage driven constrained random verification. Metrics including functional coverage, assertion coverage, line coverage, toggle coverage, and condition coverage plays a fundamental role for measuring verification completeness and progress. Verification engineers study these metrics to answers questions such as:
- Have we verified the design adequately?
- What aspects of the design have not been exercised sufficiently?
- How do we improve test coverage to reach the verification goal?
- What kind of test cases contribute most relevant stimuli?
- How much progress are we making?
Our hypothesis is that the verification process can optimized by applying machine learning to cluster uncovered coverage points and to identify trends over time. Data visualization techniques can then be used to facilitate the analysis of the results from the machine learning algorithms.
The goal of this thesis is to investigate how machine learning and data visualization can be applied to metrics used in hardware design verification. This requires analysis and interpretation of available data, as well as surveying additional data that could be collected during the verification process to facilitate analysis. Algorithms for clustering and visualization should be investigated and some candidates selected for further evaluation. An initial study of the problem should be followed by the implementation of a prototype and an evaluation of said prototype.
OK, I am interested! What do I do now?
You are valuable to us - how nice that you are interested in one of our proposals! There are a few things for you to keep in mind when applying.
- Applications are accepted in both Swedish and English, and you apply via the proposal advert.
- The announced theses are open only to students affiliated with a Swedish university/college either directly or via an exchange program.
- When the thesis proposal states that it includes two students working together, we would like you to apply in pairs. In these cases, send one application each but make sure to clearly state in your application who your co-applicant is. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please attach your CV and University/college grade summary.
Who to contact for any questions regarding the position!
For information or questions regarding technical issues in cases where the description is vague, please contact: Lars Viklund ( ), telephone: +46 46 272 1800
Type of Employment
Temporary Employment (Fixed Term)
Posting End Date
About Axis Communications
Axis enables a smarter and safer world by creating network solutions that provide insights for improving security and new ways of doing business. As the industry leader in network video, Axis offers products and services for video surveillance and analytics, access control, and audio systems. Axis has more than 3,000 dedicated employees in over 50 countries and collaborates with partners worldwide to deliver customer solutions. Axis celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information about Axis, please visit our website .